The response to Project CEASE has been phenomenal. Participants from all over the world have been actively submitting their COVID-19 antibody test results and using their VYVO Life Watch to contribute their data to the project.
It is intended to provide updates on the project from time to time, as more data is gathered. For now, here are some initial findings based on data available as of 30th June, 2020.
- Project CEASE has participants in 23 countries.
- 40% of these Project CEASE participants have already submitted their COVID-19 antibody test results using the Project CEASE COVID-19 antibody test kit provided.
- 88% of Project CEASE participants who submitted test results have tested negative.
- 13 countries had Project CEASE participants who all tested negative based on their antibody test results. These countries were Australia, Belgium, Colombia, France, Guadeloupe, Ireland, Malaysia, Netherlands, Panama, Philippines, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
- 12% of Project CEASE participants submitted positive test results using the Project CEASE COVID-19 antibody test kit provided.
- China (29%), Italy (21%), Japan (21%) and Thailand (9%) together accounted for 80% of all of the Project CEASE participants who tested positive. The remaining participants who tested positive were from Cambodia, Kazakhstan, New Caledonia, Taiwan, South Korea and United States.
- The positive Project CEASE COVID-19 antibody test results were as follows:
- 2% showing IgM only
- 2% showing IgG only
- 8% showing IgM and IgG
An Immunoglobulin M (IgM) result obtained from the Project CEASE Test Kit provided indicates that the participant is at an early stage of infection. If the result is Immunoglobulin G (IgG), then they are at a later stage and have developed a stronger reaction against the virus. An IgM and IgG result indicates that they are typically within 7 to 30 days from the onset of the virus.